Skip to main content

REVIEW: Kate Spade Joy Larchmont Avenue Wallet + comparison wear and tear with older bags

Hello All, I have not updated this blog for a REALLY REALLY long time and decided to update with a review on my Kate Spade items.

A bit of a history: I am a huge fan of Kate Spade bags. My first designer bag was a KS bag. I love the bow designs, bag styles, and reasonable prices.

Most of the bags were purchased during the KS surprise sales. Please note do be aware that the surprise sales usually have KS outlet and KS retail store items. Outlet items are usually of lesser quality and do not feel as great.
I personally went to a physical KS outlet store and their bags were not great to the touch.

So onward to the review. I will also post a comparison with the older bags I purchased in the past below.

I recently purchased this Joy Larchmont Avenue Wallet during the surprise sale for around $40.00. I am a huge fan of long wallets, but decided to downsize a bit.

This wallet was just right and I'm a huge fan of pebbled leather, so I decided to make the plunge.
Let's start with packaging. I didn't take any photos, but the packaging wasn't exactly pleasing. Maybe I was expecting too much.

My wallet arrived in a small box. Inside was one layer of white tissue paper, wallet, and another layer of tissue paper. That's it... I guess I was expecting the wallet itself to have some sort of box?? But I guess not.

This is the wallet. Very nice pebbled leather, but was a bit dry and rough compared to my older KS pebbled leather bag.. 

Outside is pebbled leather, and inside is a smoother leather. 

Three-fold. Plenty of card slots. 
Didn't take photo of the section that holds the cash, but the material is a cloth with KS logo all over. 

close up of the Kate spade embossing.

Close up of the interior leather

Outside of leather

Close up of pebbled leather. 

Overall, the wallet was great. It was small, convenient, and a very decent price. 
UNTIL THIS HAPPENED... 


Yes, the zipper for the coin section broke off... 
I had only opened this zipper compartment less than 5 times. I had only had this wallet for less than a month and it was already broken... 

More pics. 

I can easily force the zipper back in and it'll zip again, but the zip isn't smooth anymore and gets stuck if I open the zipper all the way...

Wallet defect, or just poor craftsmanship, or declining quality?? 


COMPARISON WITH PREVIOUS KS BAGS:
This is a BEACON COURT NISHA 
that I had purchased back in 2015. 

The wallet is still in fabulous condition, and it was the only wallet I had used from 2015- 2019. 
The bow broke after 4 years of use. 4 YEARS! 
Everything else is still intact. 



This is a Cobble Hill small Toddy shoulder bag that I purchased back in 2016. It was also a bag I used daily from 2016. I am still using this bag. Nothing is wrong with it. Everything is still intact. 

The leather is SUPER soft. 

Only issue is discoloration which is quite evident in this photo. 


Overall, I am highly disappointed in this wallet purchase in comparison with my older purchases. I cannot believe the zipper just broke off like that after several uses... Nevertheless, I will still continue using the wallet... but as to future purchases? 
Maybe not anymore.. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Daiso Deep H Moisture Gel: Hyaluronic Acid

Hello all! Once again, it is time for another review! ^^ 40 G or approx. 1.4 FL OZ made in vietnam  Instructions:  Apply proper amount of gel cream on face after washing.  how it looks As you can see, i already used up a good amount of the bottle. it is very similar to the collagen gel in terms of color, texture and smell. If i remember correctly though, this smells a bit more sour than the collagen one.  once again, daiso has very vague descriptions as to what the product does and i only made out moisture lol. I really wanted to know more and what exactly hyaluronic acid is so i googled it.  according to some webpages, hyaluronic acid is used for wounds, burns, moisturizers and etc., we also create hyaluronic acid in our bodies! the things you learn! anyways, another website stated that it is for preventing wrinkles.  I'm not entirely sure if this Daiso product is effective, i have been using it daily for 1+ week recently and honestl

REVIEW: Differentiating Between AUTHENTIC and FAKE Chanel Fragrance

Hi All, today I will be doing a review on AUTHENTIC vs FAKE Chanel Fragrances .  As a disclaimer , I DO NOT claim to be an expert in authenticating Chanel fragrances. These are all based on my own research and personal experience.  Please take a look at pictures of this No 5 Chanel Perfume that I bought off Ebay.  Just by looking at the BOX itself, everything actually looks pretty good. I even received this item BRAND NEW, with the clear plastic wrap on it. BUT, it is actually a FAKE. surprise!  Now, let's look at the perfume bottle. I have circled some of the issues with the bottle.  INDICATOR #1 OF A FAKE PERFUME:  Take a look at the base of this bottle. It is uneven. on the authentic, it should be symmetrical on both ends.  The cap is LOOSE. I am unable to show this on the photo, but the cap comes right off and does not snap onto the bottle.  I can't say much about the smell because I haven't smelled t

REVIEW: Deep C Moisture Gel, Collagen + Reply to Comments Received!

Hello all! This is a reply to the comments i have received as well as a quick review. I managed to squeeze in some time right now to post here haha.  First off, I was asked a question about the Q10 Milky Lotion that I reviewed and stated that I would get back to the person who asked if this product was safe on the face. To be honest, I only tried it on my face for about 3 days, because I totally forgot about it the remainder of the days. Sorry! >-< BUT, yes it is safe on the face . it actually makes your face quite soft and smooth too! I actually used it with the Q10 Moisture Lotion (which i have not reviewed yet), and I'm guessing that serves somewhat as a toner to keep your face moist.  Secondly, I received a comment by Mandy today and I would love to reply here in this post! Thank you very much for the praise! I am glad that my reviews are convincing and are helpful to you! Your comment has made me very happy, along with others who have sent me comments