Skip to main content

COACH Mary Lock up and Tea Rose Crosby Shoes


Today's review will be on Coach Mary Lock Up in rogue color and Coach Tea Rose Crosby in Chalk color. These shoes are used mostly for work purposes. 
I picked up these MLU (Mary Lock Up) at my local Marshall's around more than a year ago. The color was so beautiful that I had to have it. They were the last pair and I paid around $60 for them (I think they were being discontinued, thus the price) These shoes are a steal. They are by far the best flats/loafers I have bought to date. 
I normally wear 9.5 or 10 depending on the shoe. Sometimes I fit 9 for flats.
(Definite 10 for Nike's). 

I consider my feet to be flat/wide. 
These MLU are so comfy. No pinky toe cramping or blisters at all. 
They are 9.5 and they fit so well. I do think they got loose over time so I wear sock liners with these and they fit perfectly. 

Next are these TRC (Tea Rose Crosby). I just got them a week ago from Amazon for around $90 after taxes. So far, they have only been worn once. Since this design came out, I have been wanting a pair but the price has always been so high. I was able to get them at a significantly lower price because they are discontinued. 
The Coach website recommends going half a size up because they run small. 
I wanted these in the blue color but they only had 9.5. Thus I had to get a size 10 in this chalk color. It was a good decision. 
These size 10's fit SNUG. I don't think I can even wear sock liners with these. Hopefully they will get looser with wear. 

Thus, I will be doing a wear and tear + review on these two types of shoes. 

MLU and the TRC both have different soles. I personally like the MLU one better because there is more support. I normally wear out my shoes FAST, but these MLU have lasted longer than I expected. Not sure why they are not making these anymore though. They are great. 

The soles on these TRC worry me. I have a Kate Spade loafer that has a similar sole to this and that flat leather area got damaged really easily. Let's hope it won't be the case with this shoe. 
In terms of comfort, I find both equally amazing. 


Different designs on back of both. IMO, the MLU looks better, and the TRC is a bit chunky. 


Side views of the shoes. Both are pretty much similar in design but have subtle differences. 

MLU has a line going down while TRC has a slight arch stitch. 



 Pictures of the sizes under the flap of the shoe. 



Tried to do a ruler measurement of both shoes. Honestly, there's only a slight difference. The TRC is only slightly longer than the MLU. 




Obviously the shoe difference here is the Coach logo vs the Roses. 
MLU says Coach, and is more simple. People will know this is a Coach shoe. 

This shoe is more flashy yet subtle at the same time. The flowers are really beautiful and eye catching, yet there is no logo so it doesn't let people know what brand of shoe it is, unless people are familiar with this brand. 

There is no preference to me, both are beautiful in their own ways. 



Another big difference is in the interior of the shoe. 
On the MLU, it is suede. On the TRC it is leather. 

So, there are PROS and CONS for both of these. 
Personally, I like the leather interior more because my feet sweat a LOT and the suede will smell and get dirty easier (as seen in the photos). 
On the other hand, the leather makes the shoe more stiff and IMO traps air inside of the shoe, meaning that my feet can't breathe and will sweat even more. Interior leather is probably better though because it will hold up the shoe better. My MLU is very flexible and I need to use a shoe tree to keep its shape. 

Pictures with the shoes on. 



In all, I believe it is definitely worth it to splurge a bit more for better quality shoes. 

These shoes hold up well, look great and will definitely last for many more years to come. 
Sizing is confusing though, as I do not know why some of their shoes are half a size smaller than others. I did purchase their Odette in the past in which I ended up selling because I had gotten a size 9.5 and they gave my pinky toe blisters. 

In terms of care, I clean these shoes with leather cleaner and conditioner on a regular basis. 
Since these are lighter colored shoes, I cannot prevent dark stains from transferring to these shoes though. As you can see, they get dirty easily. 

 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Daiso Deep H Moisture Gel: Hyaluronic Acid

Hello all! Once again, it is time for another review! ^^ 40 G or approx. 1.4 FL OZ made in vietnam  Instructions:  Apply proper amount of gel cream on face after washing.  how it looks As you can see, i already used up a good amount of the bottle. it is very similar to the collagen gel in terms of color, texture and smell. If i remember correctly though, this smells a bit more sour than the collagen one.  once again, daiso has very vague descriptions as to what the product does and i only made out moisture lol. I really wanted to know more and what exactly hyaluronic acid is so i googled it.  according to some webpages, hyaluronic acid is used for wounds, burns, moisturizers and etc., we also create hyaluronic acid in our bodies! the things you learn! anyways, another website stated that it is for preventing wrinkles.  I'm not entirely sure if this Daiso product is effective, i have been using it daily for 1+ week recently and honestl

REVIEW: Differentiating Between AUTHENTIC and FAKE Chanel Fragrance

Hi All, today I will be doing a review on AUTHENTIC vs FAKE Chanel Fragrances .  As a disclaimer , I DO NOT claim to be an expert in authenticating Chanel fragrances. These are all based on my own research and personal experience.  Please take a look at pictures of this No 5 Chanel Perfume that I bought off Ebay.  Just by looking at the BOX itself, everything actually looks pretty good. I even received this item BRAND NEW, with the clear plastic wrap on it. BUT, it is actually a FAKE. surprise!  Now, let's look at the perfume bottle. I have circled some of the issues with the bottle.  INDICATOR #1 OF A FAKE PERFUME:  Take a look at the base of this bottle. It is uneven. on the authentic, it should be symmetrical on both ends.  The cap is LOOSE. I am unable to show this on the photo, but the cap comes right off and does not snap onto the bottle.  I can't say much about the smell because I haven't smelled t

REVIEW: Deep C Moisture Gel, Collagen + Reply to Comments Received!

Hello all! This is a reply to the comments i have received as well as a quick review. I managed to squeeze in some time right now to post here haha.  First off, I was asked a question about the Q10 Milky Lotion that I reviewed and stated that I would get back to the person who asked if this product was safe on the face. To be honest, I only tried it on my face for about 3 days, because I totally forgot about it the remainder of the days. Sorry! >-< BUT, yes it is safe on the face . it actually makes your face quite soft and smooth too! I actually used it with the Q10 Moisture Lotion (which i have not reviewed yet), and I'm guessing that serves somewhat as a toner to keep your face moist.  Secondly, I received a comment by Mandy today and I would love to reply here in this post! Thank you very much for the praise! I am glad that my reviews are convincing and are helpful to you! Your comment has made me very happy, along with others who have sent me comments