Skip to main content

REVIEW: Daiso BB Face Mask with Collagen vs. My Beauty Diary Face Mask

Before i start this review, i want to state that i am NOT affiliated with ANY of the products that i review at all. okay, so i have a variety of things to blog, but i will start with the beauty masks. A Daiso Japan store recently opened near my area, so i bought a bunch of items from there. (For those who do not know what Daiso is, it is like a dollar store that sells most goods for $1.50). This face mask was sold in a pack of 2 for just $1.50!

  Daiso BB Face Mask with Collagen
The front of the package states that it "contains about 23ML of moisture filled essence".

Back of the package. 
The instructions are as stated:
  1. Remove it from the bag and spread it out after applying face lotion.
  2. closely attach to the entire face after aligning it with the eye positions and then aligning it with the mouth position.
 3. remove the mask after keeping attached for 5 to 15 minutes.
  4. allow it to become accustomed by patting the essence remaining on the skin.

 The bottom also says MADE IN KOREA.

 I tried this mask last night, but i forgot to take pictures so please forgive me. Upon opening it, i was a bit disappointed that it did not have the plastic lining attached to the mask for easier unfolding. I had to carefully unfold the mask, which wasted some time... There was a LOT of essence though and it was dripping out as i tried to unfold the mask. There was also a lot of essence leftover inside the bag. The smell of the essence was not bad, it was sort of flowery? What i really liked about the mask was that it fit my face perfectly except near the bottom-it was a bit too long and could even cover a bit under my chin. perhaps those who have longer faces will find that good. The instructions said to place the mask on for 5 to 15 minutes but i felt that it was not enough time to actually let the essence soak into my face. After 15 minutes, the mask was still soaking wet. I had the mask on for about 40 minutes and the mask was still pretty moist. I felt that the mask stuck to my face pretty well and i actually felt my face go firm when i had the mask on as well.

 Aftermath: My face was actually pretty dry before i put on the mask. I don't have pics to prove it but I had skin peeling on the area between my eyebrows and around my mouth. During the time when i had the mask on, i felt these tingly sensations on my face, it also hurt a bit. kind of like when your face is really dry and you put lotion on and it burns. not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing but after using the mask, my dried skin disappeared and my face felt really soft and moist.



  My Beauty Diary Face Mask
I was highly curious of this product because it seemed really popular in Asia so i decided to give it a try. These masks come in packs of 7 or 10 depending on what you buy and it comes in a variety of flavors and different uses. I wouldn't say that these are inexpensive; I've seen them at prices ranging from $16 to $12 for a box of 10.
Here i have earl grey and macaron, black pearl and bird's nest. so the uses for these are:

EARL GREY AND MACARON- This limited release mask contains essence from earl grey tea, as well as extracts from macaron. It helps illuminating & clarifying skin, while also remove dullness and revitalize it, leaves you a brightening skin finish.

BLACK PEARL- whitens skin and restores elasticity for skin. It is ideal for all skin types, especially dull and loose skin. it activates skin's natural hydrating and whitening mechanism, leaving skin silky and radiant.

BIRD'S NEST- This formula improves skin hydration, provides rich nourishment and energy to heal Expression lines, smoothen dull and rough skin to make it translucent, tender and smooth. Hydrolyzed soy bean, rice proteins and other skin friendly moisture extracts combine to moisturize dry skin and promote skin defense strength and flexibility towards the restoration of a smooth, fresh and revitalized skin. With the Swiftlet's Nest Mask, your skin will be invigorated and refreshed like the soft white skin of a new born baby.

(taken from amazon)

 First off, i want to state that the flavors of these items are really faint? They all seemed to smell the same to me with the exception of the earl grey-i smelled a bit of tea on the mask. What i liked about the mask was the ease of unfolding; the mask is aligned with with a plastic sheet. What i did not like was that it was too big for my face. The mask went over my forehead and the area that was meant to go between my nose and mouth was too big and it kept slipping into my lips. The instructions say to leave the mask on for 20-30 minutes but i usually leave it on for about an hour or until the mask starts drying off. I wouldn't say that the masks does what it states it does, such as whitening the skin(perhaps it is because i do not use it a lot and it needs to be used regularly for the effect to take place) but i do feel that it moisturizes the skin. What i did not like was that their essence makes my face REALLY REALLY SHINY and sticky. :/


  Verdict: Both contain 23ML of essence but I felt that the Daiso mask had more because the essence was a bit more watery compared to My Beauty Diary's essence. The Daiso essence did not leave my face really shiny or sticky, but left my face looking moist and soft. Upon using Daiso for the first time, i seriously felt that even though it is inexpensive, it did its job really well. It is also a perfect fit for my face compared to My Beauty Diary and i will definitely start to buy these Daiso face masks in the future after i finish using up all of My Beauty Diary face masks.

 Thanks for reading and I hope you find this review useful! :)

Comments

  1. Thanks for your review! I've never tried a face mask but watching many Korean dramas have gotten me interested in using one and today I bought my first BB Face Mask from Daiso. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment!! :D Also, thank you very much for reading my review! I truly hope it is useful for you :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh thank you so much for your review! You're one of the only people that write such detailed and informative reviews for Daiso products. Your reviews are very convincing haha. ^^ I actually read some of your posts about Daiso products before today (found them through Google search) but I didn't know it was written by the same person! :O So today was the first time I read through your entire blog and wow, I'm so glad you review so many Daiso products! I will be looking forward to your future reviews too. I went to Daiso today and saw so many beauty products~ *O* I saw the Deep C & H Moisture Gels and Sleeping Packs. I hope you do a review on the sleeping packs soon~ I read your most recent post and you said you'll have to delay it until December. I wonder if I'll end up buying the sleeping pack before then haha. :) Overall, I want to thank you for all the hard work you put into your reviews! ^^ I think I'll get the BB Face Mask with Collagen next time I go to Daiso! Would you say it's the best Daiso face mask? I read your other reviews and it seems like you prefer the BB one the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mandy! Thank you so much for the reply! I really love to address the comments I receive by readers, so I have given you a reply here on my recent blog post: http://jacsbeautygoodsreviewcorner.blogspot.com/2013/10/review-deep-c-moisture-gel-collagen.html

      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I'm about to try the BB face mask from Daiso and was wondering if it was any good. All in all it sounds like an inexpensive at-home treatment perfect for treating my face after all the drying my current acne clearing face wash's been doing to my face. Great review. Look forward to reading more.

    I was wondering if you had any insight on BB Creams. In particular the Missha Perfect cover BB cream. I find it's very popular on the Asian market but seeing as i'm not Asian myself i don't know too much about Asian brands and products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello MeteoricMarlin! Thank you very much for the comment! Yes! In my opinion, I do believe that the bb face mask is good in terms of helping dry skin! I'm not sure if it varies for different face types though. I pretty much have a combination of dry and oily skin, but mostly more dry in the winter and I found it to be quite moisturizing! Hopefully it does the same for you!

      As for the bb creams.. I'm not a huge bb cream user so I can't really give you a good opinion it. I have only purchased the skin79 Bb cream before (pink bottle) and used it a bit... It was okay but I didnt really like it because sometimes it made my forehead really dry. I did try a sample of missha before and I liked it more but I can't recall which one it was. I can get back to you if you want to know! Thanks

      Delete
  4. The reason why the super dry area of your skin feel pain when you apply the mask is because of a big amount of water molecule and nutrient molecule enter your skin cause the cell to boost up suddenly.
    Ermmm......one example is like, you know that a person who hadn't eat for days, cant eat solid food directly, because his body is in a critical level and cant digest solid food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elio, thank you for the reply! Haha that must mean my skin is really dry then in order to have that effect happen :o

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Daiso Deep H Moisture Gel: Hyaluronic Acid

Hello all! Once again, it is time for another review! ^^ 40 G or approx. 1.4 FL OZ made in vietnam  Instructions:  Apply proper amount of gel cream on face after washing.  how it looks As you can see, i already used up a good amount of the bottle. it is very similar to the collagen gel in terms of color, texture and smell. If i remember correctly though, this smells a bit more sour than the collagen one.  once again, daiso has very vague descriptions as to what the product does and i only made out moisture lol. I really wanted to know more and what exactly hyaluronic acid is so i googled it.  according to some webpages, hyaluronic acid is used for wounds, burns, moisturizers and etc., we also create hyaluronic acid in our bodies! the things you learn! anyways, another website stated that it is for preventing wrinkles.  I'm not entirely sure if this Daiso product is effective, i have been using it daily for 1+ week recently and honestl

REVIEW: Differentiating Between AUTHENTIC and FAKE Chanel Fragrance

Hi All, today I will be doing a review on AUTHENTIC vs FAKE Chanel Fragrances .  As a disclaimer , I DO NOT claim to be an expert in authenticating Chanel fragrances. These are all based on my own research and personal experience.  Please take a look at pictures of this No 5 Chanel Perfume that I bought off Ebay.  Just by looking at the BOX itself, everything actually looks pretty good. I even received this item BRAND NEW, with the clear plastic wrap on it. BUT, it is actually a FAKE. surprise!  Now, let's look at the perfume bottle. I have circled some of the issues with the bottle.  INDICATOR #1 OF A FAKE PERFUME:  Take a look at the base of this bottle. It is uneven. on the authentic, it should be symmetrical on both ends.  The cap is LOOSE. I am unable to show this on the photo, but the cap comes right off and does not snap onto the bottle.  I can't say much about the smell because I haven't smelled t

REVIEW: Deep C Moisture Gel, Collagen + Reply to Comments Received!

Hello all! This is a reply to the comments i have received as well as a quick review. I managed to squeeze in some time right now to post here haha.  First off, I was asked a question about the Q10 Milky Lotion that I reviewed and stated that I would get back to the person who asked if this product was safe on the face. To be honest, I only tried it on my face for about 3 days, because I totally forgot about it the remainder of the days. Sorry! >-< BUT, yes it is safe on the face . it actually makes your face quite soft and smooth too! I actually used it with the Q10 Moisture Lotion (which i have not reviewed yet), and I'm guessing that serves somewhat as a toner to keep your face moist.  Secondly, I received a comment by Mandy today and I would love to reply here in this post! Thank you very much for the praise! I am glad that my reviews are convincing and are helpful to you! Your comment has made me very happy, along with others who have sent me comments